Live Webinar On Conducting Internal Investigations the Right Way
01:00 PM EDT | 10:00 AM PDT | 12:00 PM CDT Duration 60 Minute
This activity has been approved for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
"The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval."
Webinar Includes : All the training handouts , certificate ,Q/A and 60 mins Live Webinar
When conducting an investigator, the human resource professional wears many hats – the goal is to get to the truth.
Once the truth is known, the human resource professional must apply the facts to company policies and determine appropriate discipline. This is hat number 1:enforce company policy. Then there comes hat number 2: put the company in the best position possible should litigation arise. It is no easy task –particularly when a plaintiff’s attorney will do everything possible to pick apart what you should or should not have done and pick apart your documentation. And, this is all at the same time that employees may be lying to you in an effort to avoid disciplinary action or termination. This webinar will give you some time honored procedures to get to the truth, enforce your company’s policies, and protect your company.
Why should you Attend:
Working in human resources is hard work! In addition to being the sounding board of employee complaints, the human resource professional must ensure that company policy and the law are being followed.
How the human resource professional investigates employee issues can make all of the difference of whether the company finds itself in a nasty lawsuit or whether that lawsuit is even defensible
This webinar will walk you through time honored methods of conducting effective investigations.
• Federal Labor and Employment Law:Understanding Your Compliance Requirements When Conducting Workplace Investigations.
• Common Laws That Add Compliance Obligations When Conducting Investigations.
• Developing an Investigative Strategy To Manage A Case Effectively.
• Conducting Effective Witness Interviews To Cut Though The Nonsense And Get To The Truth.
• Organizing Evidence In Preparation For Writing The Investigative Report.
• The Do's And Don'ts Of Writing An Effective Investigative Report.
Who will Benefit
• Human Resource Managers, Company Owners
• Banking, retail, manufacturing, construction – all private and governmental entities
• Society for Human Resource Management, Chamber of Commerce
• Human resource managers, hiring managers, company owners
Industries who can attend
This 60-minute online course is intended for professionals in the all Industry. Although not presently stated in the draft , the same guide could be used by FDA Regulated Industries personnel.