Live webinar: International Letters of Credit
01:00 PM EDT | 10:00 AM PDT | 12:00 PM CDT Duration 90 Minutes
Webinar Includes : All the training handouts , certificate ,Q/A and 90 mins Live Webinar
"Hear By Jan Seal is a Management Consultant on International Trade and a Licensed Customhouse Broker with over 40 years of experience in imports and exports"
A letter of credit is one method of payment used in international trade transactions.
A letter of credit is one method of payment used in international trade transactions. The Uniform Customs and Practices (UCP 600) are the current internationally recognized set of rules created by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) which govern the use of letters of credit. The benefit to using a letter of credit is that is provides a conditional guarantee of payment from the importer (applicant) to the exporter (beneficiary) if the terms and conditions of the documentary credit are complied with.
Why Should You Attend:
(1) Understand the process of a letter of credit;
(2) Reduce or prevent costly discrepancies and amendments;
(3) Learn the benefits of using a letter of credit.
• Letter of Credit (L/C) process
• Terminology in L/C
• Preparation of L/C Instructions
• Important areas to review in L/C
• Checklist for reviewing L/C
• Costs for importer and exporter
• Types of discrepancies to avoid
• Documents in a L/C
• Overview of the UCP 600
Who will Benefit
• International Sales and Marketing
• International Customer Service
• Finance and Accounting
• Customs brokers/freight forwarders
• Import/Export Compliance personne
Industries who can attend
This 90-minute online course is intended for professionals in the Import and export Industry. Although not presently stated in the draft , the same guide could be used by FDA Regulated Industries personnel