Live Webinar Understanding Wage & Hour Regulations
01:00 PM EDT | 10:00 AM PDT | 12:00 PM CDT Duration 90 Minutes
This activity has been approved for 1. 5HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
"The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval."
Protect Your business from costly mistakes
Payroll sounds like a simple process, on the contrary, it can be a daunting task. Payroll laws and regulations are constantly changing making payroll into a legal mine field and easy to make mistakes. Companies are finding their selves on the wrong end of lawsuits, audits, investigations and claims for payroll regulation violations daily. The Department of labor is on the prowl for the following "Hot" areas. Consider yourself warned!
In this ever changing world of business, it is critical that we correctly determine whether the individuals providing services to our companies are employees or independent contractors and per the statutes report such in the correct manner to avoid audits and other enforcement efforts. The IRS says if you treat employees as nonemployees you will be liable for all social security and Medicare taxes and withholding taxes for the entire period of misclassification plus all penalties and interest. The employer also must be aware the with the Federal & State governments systems share any non compliance.
With this world of competitiveness, businesses are pushed to supply customers the best prices. One of the way companies are trying to cut expenses is reclassifying employees.
As your self this question: Can your company afford to make a million dollar mistake? Case in point: Recently a US employer was assessed a $18.3 million dollar fine by U. S. Department of Labor .
• Understand the latest Wage and Hour regulation changes that impact your company
• Understand current duties test, updated “Primary Duties” and “Suffer or Permit”
• How to classify "working time or worked time"
• Understanding exempt and non-exempt classifications 2016 new rules
• How to correctly calculate overtime
• Understanding discrepancy vs. non-discrepancy bonus, incentives
• Understanding taxable gifts, bonus and awards (parking, achievement awards, length of service awards
• Common pitfalls of Wage and Hour laws that can be costly
• When you can give 'Comp Time" instead of overtime
• Learn many other wage & hour hot areas
• Hot areas during a Wage & Hour Audit
Who will Benefit
• Payroll Department Personnel
• HR Professional and staff,
• Employee benefits professionals,
• Business owners
• Department Managers
• Personnel Managers
• Anyone who wishes to increase or refresh their knowledge of these areas
Industries who can attend
This 90-minute online course is intended for professionals in the all Industry. Although not presently stated in the draft , the same guide could be used by FDA Regulated Industries personnel