Live Webinar Current Legal and Regulatory Challenges for HR Professionals
01:00 PM EDT | 10:00 AM PDT | 12:00 PM CDT Duration 60 Minute
This activity has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
"The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval."
Regulatory Challenges for HR Professionals
Are you at risk for non-compliance? Is your company a lawsuit waiting to happen?
Let’s face it, much of what HR professionals do involves legal compliance, litigation avoidance and ensuring that employee rights are not violated. Yet, employment laws and regulations are not only confusing, they’re constantly changing. Still, ignorance is not a defense and it is important for everyone involved to have an understanding of these issues.
Employment lawsuits along with federal and state audit activity are on the rise. Last year, the EEOC enforcement collected $372.1 million in monetary damages, the highest recovery in agency history. Equally as noteworthy, for the last three years, the EEOC reported a record number of claims filed by employees.
When employers are not properly prepared for workplace issues, companies could face discrimination suits, litigation, settlements, legal fees, unplanned expenses, employee turnover, morale issues, and possible negative community image issues. This webinar provides a quick overview to assist professionals in maintaining employment law compliance as well as litigation avoidance tips.
Whether you are in a small company or a large corporation, possessing knowledge of employment laws and HR practices are essential to business success. The number of employment laws/issues you have to be aware of can be overwhelming. Join us as we discuss how to deal with confusing, tough, and touchy human resource situations and how to apply employment laws correctly.
• Understanding the difference between incivility and illegality
• Reviewing the difference between case law and statutory law
• Who enforces civil rights law and what are the most common issues
• What is and what is not considered a protected class
• Review of laws covering civil rights protections
• Overview of the theories of employment discrimination
• The most important issue for employers… sexual harassment and compensation
• What is a Hostile Work Environment
• Retaliation and protected activities
• Employment at will vs. Due Process
• Defenses against employment discrimination
• Other HR-related legal issues
• The complexity of compliance
• Developing policies
• Common issues faced by HR Professionals
• A review of laws affecting workforce management practices
• Other HR-related legal issues to consider
• General compliance practices
Who will Benefit
• In-House Counsel
• Risk Managers
• Business Executives
• Business Owners
• HR Representatives
• HR Generalists
• HR Assistants
Industries who can attend
This 60-minute online course is intended for professionals in the all Industry. Although not presently stated in the draft , the same guide could be used by FDA Regulated Industries personnel.