Live Webinar Navigating the Overlap in Employee Leave (FMLA, ADA and Workers’ Comp)
01:00 PM EDT | 10:00 AM PDT | 12:00 PM CDT Duration 90 Minutes
This activity has been approved for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
"The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval."
Use of medical inquiries to determine coverage under the FMLA and the ADA/ADAAA
This webinar will help you get a working knowledge of how you can minimize your company's exposure to employee abuse of family and medical leave - be it under the FMLA, ADA, or workers' comp or other applicable family and medical leave laws.
You may already know that the FMLA, the ADA and Workers' Comp might all allow your employees time off to care for their own (or a family member's) medical condition. You may even understand how and when they might overlap. If so, you are now ready to move on to an issue of great concern to many employers: Employee Leave Abuse.
Suppose one or more of your employees has taken a leave of absence, and your company or department is buckling under the added stress-and you suspect that one or more of those employees may be taking advantage, and may not really be in need of family or medical leave - or may even not be entitled to it. You can curb employee leave abuse. Don't despair! This webinar will show you how to do it?
Why should you attend -
While there is no magic bullets for combating employee leave abuse, knowledge of rules and regulations and case law and proper controls can help greatly. In this webinar, you will learn effective strategies to ensure that only those employees who truly need and are eligible for leave under FMLA, ADA, workers comp or other applicable leave laws are the ones using it.
• The difference between someone with a “serious health condition” under the FMLA and a “qualified individual with a disability” under the ADA/ADAAA.
• Use of medical inquiries to determine coverage under the FMLA and the ADA/ADAAA
• Notification requirements under FMLA and ADA/ADAAA
• Reinstatement requirements under FMLA and ADA/ADAAA
• Situations where the FMLA and ADA/ADAAA may overlap
• Intermittent leave requests under FMLA and the ADA/ADAAA
• Terminating an employee who has exhausted FMLA leave time without running afoul of the ADA/ADAAA
• Documentation and meeting guidelines
• Case laws and/or emerging issues.
• Best Practices
• Issues of particular concern to health care/pharma/life sciences professionals and businesses
• And more
Who will Benefit
• Managers and Supervisors
• Risk Managers
• Benefit Specialists
• Business Owners
• General Managers
• Controllers/ CFOs/Financial Managers
• Human Resource Managers/Administration
• HIPAA Officer
• Privacy Officer
• Health Information Manager
• Healthcare Counsel/lawyer
• Office Managers
Industries who can attend
This 90-minute online course is intended for professionals in the all Industry. Although not presently stated in the draft , the same guide could be used by FDA Regulated Industries personnel.