Employment Laws And Regulations For 2018! Employers Should Prepare For Regulations That Will Impact Them! Ignorance Is Not An Excuse!
01:00 PM EDT | 10:00 AM PDT | 12:00 PM CDT Duration 90 Minutes
Webinar Includes : All the training handouts , certificate ,Q/A and 90 mins Live Webinar
Employers must arm themselves with the workplace regulations that will impact their organisation and their employees or else pay hefty fines and penalties for non-compliance.
Employers must get prepared for all the employment regulations scheduled to be effective January 1, 2018 and throughout the 2018 year. Not only are the many new workplace laws that will impact Employers, but also those laws that were effective in 2017 but Employers were not aware. Employers with multi-state locations are more than ever at risk for non-compliance of regulations unless the develop a process to coordinate workplace required posters, new hire communication required, wage increases, transgender restroom obligations, paid leave regulations per state, regulations and requirements for terminated employees and regulations for federal contractors.
• Managing these laws will determine how Employers will survive strict fines and penalties as well as create a robust risk management strategy for their workplace.
• Here are just some of the workplace regulation topics impacted between 2017-2019. How many of these issues are you aware have regulations tied to them?
• Paid/Unpaid Leave
• Transgender Restroom Requirements and Gender Equity and Expression Guidelines
• Pay Equity and Pay Discrimination
• Criminal Background Checks and New Decision Matrix Requirement
• Immigration Changes and How Your Workplace Responds to Trump's Immigration Restrictions
• Sexual Harassment, Workplace Harassment and Violence in the Workplace
• Marijuana and the Challenges posed by Drug and Substance Abuse Testing
• Leave of Absence Challenges with American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• Wellness Programs
• New EEOC Guidance on Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking Leave
• Parental Leave
• Paid Sick Leave
• Wage Deduction Restrictions
• Federal Contractors New Regulations
• Reasonable Accommodations Requirements
• More Federal, State and Local Regulations.
• The regulations above are just a few of laws changed, revised or newly developed. Employers are impacted by a minimum of 8-26 regulations or more for 2018! Learn how you can manage the many laws that impact your organisation by attending this webinar.
Why should you attend this webinar?
Employers must arm themselves with the workplace regulations that will impact their organisation and their employees or else pay hefty fines and penalties for non-compliance. It is a proven fact that regulatory agencies are targeting small, medium and large companies in many industries and states to confirm compliance with the regulations above. Audits of Employers are usually initiated by disgruntled employees or employees currently on your payroll. However, regulatory agencies like the Department of Labor (DOL), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) have increased enforcement efforts to target willful violators, increase their budget via fines and penalties and make examples of Employers who violate their regulations. Ignorance is no excuse
• Learn how regulatory agencies develop their enforcement priorities so you can prepare more effectively
• Learn which regulatory agency enforces the workplace regulation in your state
• Federal regulations are still a focus for Employers. Ensure you have all Federal regulations in compliance
• See what regulations can impact your budget if you do not comply
• Learn how policy development can save thousands of dollars
• Develop a tracking process to confirm all the regulation which impact your organization
• Manage multi-state poster compliance and workplace compliance
• Learn what workplace regulation trends are impacting laws developed by the Trump Administration
• Learn which local laws and ordinances supersedes the Federal and state laws
• Learn how remote employees can be a headache or an effective way to manage regulations
• Learn how checklists and free tools can be part of your strategic risk management plan
• Learn which free resources are available to mitigate workplace compliance
• Much, much more tips and compliance alerts...
Who will Benefit
• Business Owners
• HR professionals
• Office Managers
• Facilities Managers
• Workplace Compliance professionals
• Professionals responsible for paid and unpaid leave management
• Any person wanting to keep up to date with workplace regulations and not pay fines and penalties
Industries who can attend
This 90-minute online course is intended for professionals in the all Industry. Although not presently stated in the draft , the same guide could be used by FDA Regulated Industries personnel.