Webinar WAGE AND HOUR ISSUES - THE EXEMPT VS NON-EXEMPT
11:00 AM EDT 90 Minute
Webinar Includes : All the training handouts , certificate ,Q/A and 90 mins Live Webinar
"This 90-minute online course is intended for professionals in the All industries and companies."
Learn how and why proper classification of employees matters
During the last decade or two, employers have found it increasingly difficult to decide which employees are entitled to overtime. Those classifications are commonly referred to as exempt employees (those who meet the FLSA’s requirements to be exempt from overtime pay) and non-exempt employees (employees the law requires to be paid overtime).
The FLSA contains dozens of exemptions, which basically provide that specific categories of employers and employees aren’t subject to the Act’s overtime requirements. Most common are the “white-collar” exemptions for executive, administrative, and professional employees, computer professionals, and outside sales employees.
Why should you attend?
Participants who understand how to properly classify their employees will ultimately spend far less “cleaning up” the administrative and legal mess that will otherwise result, freeing them to focus on either running their businesses or doing the jobs they were hired to do. They will probably also help save their company significant sums of money that would otherwise be spent on legal fees, unpaid overtime and fines and penalties.
• Understanding the difference between exempt and non-exempt employees;
• Discern differences between each of the more common exemption categories;
• Learn how to properly determine whether a job meets one or more exemption categories;
• Gaining an understanding of why paying an employee a salary may not make them overtime-exempt;
• Be able to appreciate the role of job titles and job descriptions;
• Learn how and why proper classification of employees matters.
• Exempt v. Non-Exempt employees.
• Categories (e.g. Executive, Administrative)>
Salary Basis Test:
• Safe Harbor Policy.
• Duties Test:
• Job Titles and Descriptions.
• Job Evaluations, Supervisor and Employee Interviews.
• Pharma sales reps;.
• Auto service rep’s;.
• Financial services employees.
Join us to learn all this and more.
Who will Benefit
• Business Owners.
• CFO’s, Controllers.
• Senior Management.
• Compensation Officers.
• H.R. Directors.
• H.R. Managers.
Industries who can attend
This 90-minute online course is intended for professionals in the All industries and companies.