How to Handle Workplace Distractions: Creating a Focused, Productive and Profitable Working Environment
02:00 PM EDT | 11:00 AM PDT | 01:00 PM CDT Duration 60 Minutes
Speaker : Lyman Montgomery has over twenty- five years of HR experience in Employee Relations dealing with workplace issues and performance management. He is also a certified LEAN Six Sigma Black Belt Trainer.
One of the biggest issues that employers deal with are workplace distractions on a daily basis. It is estimated that 30 percent of an employee’s day is spent being distracted by four of the most common types of distractions. This training is designed to help employees, and business owners understand where distractions come from and how to eliminate distracting thoughts that prevent us from focusing on being productive and using time wisely.
The training course is divided into three parts: (a) identifying workplace distractions, (b) how to set profitable goals and priorities, and (c) strategies to eliminate procrastination and four other types of distractions form your work environment. Workplace distractions reduce productivity by as much as 40 percent or more due to employees spending valuable time, energy and resources on projects, busy work, and activities, which do not add value or drive revenues.
For example, the lack of focus and increase in workplace distractions have costs employers an estimated 28 billion wasted work hours a year, and close to $1 trillion to the U.S. economy. In this training, I will cover 8 common barriers to focus.
The truth is, when you fail to get things done it is due to a lack of self-control and setting ineffective goals. Unless there are circumstances out of your control; it's easy to give in to distractions and interruptions, which can result in disastrous results. This training will show you how to find out what those desires are and how to measure them against what you are focused at work.
Research has shown that most people procrastinate when it’s time to set goals and find themselves distracted. Too often, goal setting is more of a chore that we do each year, (sales, performance, staffing) and for many, the results are lacking. Here are several reasons why 88% of people fail at setting goals:
• They are forcing you to work harder, not because you love it, but because you feel a need to set them each year.
• They might constrain and stop you from achieving other things outside of your goals.
• They might create anxiety and pressure to get all your goals done by a particular time frame.
• They might discourage you if you fail to get them done.
• They might stop you from living in the moment, as you keep looking forward to the future.
In this training course, you will discover:
• How to identify your specific type of distraction at work
• How to recognize when you are more prone to be distracted
• The difference between intentional and unintentional distractions and how they can boost focus and concentration
• Why procrastination is not the problem, lack of energy may be the culprit
• 7 proven strategies to help get focused, productive, and profitable in a distracting work environment
Who will Benefit
This training course will benefit supervisors, managers, executives, and those affected by workplace distractions and seem to have a lack of focus in their daily work.
Industries who can attend
This 60-minute online course is intended for professionals in the All industries and companies.