Multi-state Regulation Coordination! Learn How Employers Can Ensure Compliance with Current, New, and Proposed State Specific Laws!
01:00 PM ET | 10:00 AM PT | 12:00 PM CT Duration 90 Minutes
This activity has been approved for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
"The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval."
What works in one state will not work in another
Many companies have challenges keep track and keeping up with all the workplace laws and regulations that impact companies with more than 20 employees when they are in one state. Think of the challenges when the company has locations in multiple states and even across International locations. Companies are at risk for several workplace laws that can impact many parts of an organization. From staffing, hiring, compensation, background screening, employee leave management, performance, social media, public sector, termination and discrimination are just some of the areas that will impact the risk management in companies and companies should take this seriously. Workplace Laws and Regulations
Here are other factors that can impact the risk for multi-state organizations:
• Employee applications
• Pre-employment testing
• State New Hire Reporting regulations
• Paid leave laws
• Pay equity
• Employee wages/minimum wage
• Employee classification
• Drug testing
• Smoke free workplaces
• Immigration compliance
• Non-compete agreements
• Severance agreements
• Employee handbooks
• Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) discrimination and harassment
• Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking Polices
• Independent Contractors vs. employees
• Employee training & development
• Meal and rest periods
• Transgender policies
• Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) & Military Leave
• Workplace safety & health
• Employee discussions about their pay or work conditions
• And strict off-boarding and termination requirements
• As you can see, the list above is not exhaustive. In fact, it does not include all the workplace regulations that are indicated in some of the states. Although the list is daunting, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Why Should you Attend:
Fines and penalties lead the list of compliance concerns in multi-state laws. What works in one state will not work in another. A company without a knowledgeable HR professional or compliance resource can get drowned in all the ways that the multi-state differences can be confusing, time consuming, multifaceted and complicated to ensure that an organization complies.
As a compliance officer for organizations, I was able to provide resources for the organizations that helped them navigate the numerous workplace compliance challenges. The goal is not to train you to be an expert in each of these areas, but to be aware enough to mitigate compliance concerns and make you a champion in your organization.
This webinar will help you identify the many workplace regulations that impacts not only state specific organizations but, it will help identify the numerous regulations for multi-state organizations.
All Attendees will receive a Volatile Termination Checklist and a Federal Workplace Poster Compliance Checklist.
• To identify what state specific regulations, must comply?
• What multi-state regulations they need to be aware of and what policies they need to create?
• Which multi-state regulations impact Employers more than others?
• Which new laws have changed the playing field for Employers to reduce risk?
• What policies can be created to mitigate all the new regulations?
• Whether to create policies or create an Employee Handbook to mitigate multi-state laws;
• What communication strategies need to be developed to ensure effective communication by Employers to employees on the many multi-state regulations
• What tools need to be used to arm Employers with the many resources that will help them mitigate these regulations?
• Which regulations carry more risk than others?
• What has been the historical perspective with regulations established?
• Why were these regulations created?
• What has driven regulatory agencies to create the many workplace regulations and laws?
• What has been the most helpful regulations created?
• What has been the most challenging regulation for Employers?
• What are the types of challenges that impact Employers from multi-state organizations?
• What are the best practices for organizations with multi-state locations?
• How can we use technology to mitigate the challenges Employers face with multi-state locations?
• What resources can assist organizations in creating strategies to mitigate multi-state challenges?
Who will Benefit
• All Employers
• Business Owners
• Company Leadership
• Small business owners
• Compliance professionals
• HR professionals
Industries who can attend
This 90 minute online course is intended for professionals in the all Industry.