Revising Your Campus Policies to Comply with Title IX, OCR, the Clery Act - Legal and Practical Considerations
01:00 PM ET | 10:00 AM PT | 12:00 PM CT Duration 60 Minutes
It’s costly to mishandle incidents of sexual harassment and violence
Sexual violence, including harassment and rape, often goes underreported on university and college campuses. But even when higher education institutions are informed of sexual misconduct, they too often fail to abide by Title IX and the Clery Act laws in addressing the issue. And that failure can lead to a loss of federal funding.
Get the guidance you need to minimize your financial and legal risks and maximize your know-how for addressing sexual violence on your campus. Join Dr. Susan Strauss to get an in-depth explanation of the laws you must abide by: Title IX, the Clery Act laws, and Office of Civil Rights (OCR) guidelines. And learn how your institution can create a safer and more supportive environment for all students.
After attending this informative session you will understand the legal requirements for responding to incidents of sexual harassment and violence—and you’ll know exactly how to apply them in the real world.
This comprehensive presentation will examine:
• Title IX’s educational requirements
• Title IX Coordinator’s role and responsibility
• 5 steps to compliance with the Clery Act
• 2016 U.S. Dept. of Education’s interpretation of the Clery Act and its safety and security requirements
• The relationship of the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act with Dept. of Education OCR guidance
• 2017 changes to OCR’s role in enforcing sex equity and minimizing sexual violence
• Pushback from male students accused of sexual misconduct on campus
Who will Benefit
Higher education professionals such as the following would benefit greatly from attending this presentation:
• Title IX Coordinators
• Human Resources Professionals
• Risk Management
• Directors of Student Services
• Directors of Technology
• Director of student affairs/dean of students
• Director of academic affairs/academic dean.
Industries who can attend
This 60-minute online course is intended for professionals in the All industries and companies because conflict resolution is a key management skill for every manager and every company