Sharps Safety Program: Risks, Legal Concerns, Prevention & Management of Sharps Injuries
01:00 PM ET | 10:00 AM PT | 11:00 AM CT Duration 180 Minutes
Webinar Includes : All the training handouts , certificate ,Q/A and 180 mins Live Webinar
"Hear By Angela Bazigos who recently quoted in Wall Street Journal for using training to bring regulatory compliance to the Boardroom"
Occupational transmission of hepatitis B virus
Occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens from needle sticks and other sharps injuries is a serious problem, but it is often preventable. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that each year 385,000 needle sticks and other sharps related injuries are sustained by hospital-based healthcare personnel. Similar injuries occur in other healthcare settings, such as nursing homes, clinics, emergency care services, and private homes. Sharps injuries are primarily associated with occupational transmission of hepatitis B virus (HBV), hepatitis C virus (HCV), and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), but they may be implicated in the transmission of more than 20 other pathogens.
Why should you attend
This bootcamp will teach you the risks with sharps injuries and how to prevent and manage sharps injuries.
This sharps presentation provides the perioperative educator, manager, and staff RN with a complete presentation to educate healthcare team members on the importance of sharps safety in the healthcare setting. This presentation emphasizes the techniques to prevent sharps injury in the healthcare setting and can also be modified to meet the needs of the individual work setting.
The objectives of this webinar are as follows:
• Identify the risks of bloodborne pathogen exposure.
• Discuss the Legal issues associated with this
• Discuss the current status of multidisciplinary sharps safety initiatives.
• Discuss the components of a sharps safety program.
• Describe barriers to change
• Assist you in defining & Implementing your own sharps safety program
• Assessment your facility’s sharps injury prevention program
• Facts, Legal Concerns & Care
• Development and implementation of your planning and prevention activities
• Implementation of your prevention interventions
• Safer Sharps Devices
• Safe Work Practices
• Needle sticks & Disposal of Needles
• Implementation of your post exposure prophylaxis (PEP) management interventions
• Reporting sharps injuries
• Healthcare Personnel Safety Reporting Plan
• Evaluation of the impact of your prevention interventions
Who will Benefit
All Health Care Personnel, including
• Emergency care providers
• Laboratory personnel
• Autopsy personnel
• Hospital employees
• Interns and medical students
• Nursing staff and students
• Labor and delivery room personnel
• Laboratory technicians
• Health facility sanitary staff
• Clinical waste handlers and
• Health care professionals at all levels Who are at risk
• Hospitals & Healthcare Personnel
• Pharma, Biotech, Medical Device Personnel dealing with patients
• Regulatory personnel e.g. FDA, HHS, OSHA etc.
Industries who can attend
This 180-minute online course is intended for professionals in the Pharmaceutical, Clinical Data Management SaaS companies, and medical device companies . Although not presently stated in the draft , the same guide could be used by FDA Regulated Industries personnel.