5 Forgotten PowerPoint Tips to WOW Your Audience
01:00 PM ET | 10:00 AM PT | 12:00 PM CT Duration 60 Minutes
This activity has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
"The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval."
You’ll walk away with the most CRITICAL PowerPoint Tips to immediately impact your audience
True or false? Before the first quarter hour is over in a typical presentation, people have usually checked out. Absolutely, true. If keeping someone’s interest in our training or presentations were a business, we’d have at least an 80% failure rate! In this day of adult attention spans that mimic that of four-year old, research reminds us to “hook” and continually engage our audiences emotionally with images they can relate to immediately. Given what we know about the adult brain and adult learning theory, there is simply no excuse for lousy presentation slides and boring materials! So how does current adult brain research around attention, awareness and memory guide how you grab your audiences, energize to engage them, continually check their understanding and move them to action BEFORE they leave our session? And what can be gained by knowing the influential style of the listener we Call to Act? How can you insure your media like PowerPoint slides support your key messages rather than distract from them?
There are so many tools and tricks from PPT masters and architects out there, we’ve lost the basics…the science behind integrating just enough in our slides to impact the visual humans we are trying to influence with our messages. Less IS truly more here. But the LESS is critical!
Why should You attend
Do you present to large audiences at work or in the community? What about company or small groups; even your own team? What about webinars or video conferences? Perhaps you present your expertise one on one and find yourself comfortable with your material and the flow of your content but frustrated that the majority of your prep time is actually spent looking for commands and shortcuts to create a slide deck? To be sure you aren’t one of the hundreds of presenters we’d all like to eliminate from public speaking…the ones who drone on and on aimlessly talking AT their slides filled with endless dry data, it may be time to take another look at what you’re putting out there.
You’ll walk away with the most CRITICAL PowerPoint Tips to immediately impact your audience if you are a
• Presenter who wants to improve their effectiveness with audiences.
• Facilitator who wants to improve the outcomes of their work with groups.
• Professional with little or no experience presenting to others yet called upon to teach speak publicly.
• New or Seasoned Manager needing to influence staff, colleagues and constituents.
• Conference speakers presenting keynotes or other workshops.
• Subject Matter Expert who helps create training for others.
• Trainer with little or no formal design experience.
• Experienced trainers who wants to improve the results of their learning events.
• Instructional design professionals interested in new ideas, tools and techniques to enhance their work with media.
• Supervisors or managers responsible for training others.
• Human Resource professionals who present to others.
• Human Resource professionals who coordinate learning events.
• Keeping it Simple while using the “Primacy vs Recency Effects.”
• Differentiating effective vs distracting PowerPoint slides that influence audiences, motivating them to take “next steps.”
• Separating the need to know from the nice to know and the where to go when developing participant- focused materials for your presentation.
• Over a dozen new ideas to design openers, energizers, closers and CFUs directly into the flow of your slides.
• At least 5 essential tips to begin redesigning your current slide presentation.
• Multiple resources for FREE or low-cost images that can be used when developing media and materials.
Who will Benefit
• Keynote or Workshop Leaders
• Instructional Designers
• Professionals Who Want to Influence Their Listeners Immediately and With Impact
Industries who can attend
This 60-minute online course is intended for professionals in the All industries and companies