Managing People for the First Time: the “Not-So-Common” Common Sense Principles for the New Supervisor
01:00 PM ET | 10:00 AM PT | 12:00 PM CT Duration 60 Minutes
How to be a successful new manager and leader by learning best practices
Becoming a leader with direct oversight of employees can be rewarding, inspiring, and challenging. By demonstrating success in your own job, you are now (or soon will be) stepping into a role of engaging and developing employees. At the same time, you’re responsible for operational success, inter-departmental coordination, and key performance indicators. It can be an overwhelming step up!
Most people moving into a management position for the first time have little or no management and leadership training. As a result, they’re forced to learn on-the-job, and sometimes fail to make a positive impact. Ironically, the skills and talent that resulted in success in their individual roles are not the same as the ones that lead to leadership and management success.
This course is designed to provide you with a clear foundation on how to be a successful new manager and leader by learning best practices, strategic ideas, and tactical “how-to’s.”
• Practical strategies and how-to techniques to set yourself up for success.
• Learn and create a 3-month self-onboarding plan to ensure success for yourself and your team.
• Understand the key differences between managing and leading.
• Establish and cultivate a “success culture” for your team.
• Learn common pitfalls for new leaders and how to avoid them or manage through them.
• How to strategically leverage other people-related resources such as your manager and human resources.
• How to navigate and ensure inter-departmental harmony and cooperation for you and your team.
Who will Benefit
• Employees preparing themselves for an upcoming promotion
• New supervisors and managers with employees who report to them
• New project and team leaders who lead a team of employees
• Human resources professionals
• Experienced leaders who desire to develop the next generation of leaders in their organization
Industries who can attend
This 60-minute online course is intended for professionals in the All industries and companies