Transgender Employees: Your Obligations and Proactive Practices as HR
01:00 PM ET | 10:00 AM PT | 12:00 PM CT Duration 60 Minutes
Manage workplace issues that affect transgender employers
Despite the progress made in recent years for LGBTQ awareness and employment practices, many transgender individuals believe that there is still more work to do, especially within the workplace. With enough media attention and governmental regulations, it can be confusing for employers to understand what the minimum standards are. The most forward-thinking companies go a step further by being proactive in creating policies, procedures, and other forms of support.
Employers generally would not intentionally create a hostile work environment for transgender employees, but that is often the end result simply due to a lack of education. Many employers fail to be proactive when it comes to helping transgender workers feel comfortable, welcomed, and accepted in the workplace. Fortunately, there are several concrete steps employers can take to ensure that they’re creating an inclusive and caring environment where compassion helps to clear up confusion and enhances inclusion.
In this practical webinar, you’ll learn how you as the employer, HR professional, or leader can best manage workplace issues that affect transgender employers. You’ll come away with a foundation for understanding your legal obligations as well as explore best practices to increase employee engagement in your company.
• Introduction to inclusive terminology, including Transgender and LGBTQ
• Recognize implicit and explicit biases in reference to Transgender issues
• Overview of federal, state, and local protections for Transgender employees
• Clarify the roles and expectations of company leaders, including Human Resources
• Provide a checklist for reviewing your company policies and procedures
• Walk through of a sample gender transition plan
Who will Benefit
• HR professionals, all levels
• Employment attorneys
• Employee Assistance Program professionals
• Small- and medium-size business owners
• Company leaders
Industries who can attend
This 60-minute online course is intended for professionals in the All industries and companies