3-hr Virtual Seminar: Project Management in Human Resources
12:00 PM ET | 09:00 AM PT | 11:00 AM CT Duration 180 Minutes
This activity has been approved for 3 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
"The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval."
HR professionals must have a good understanding and practical ability to manage projects
Planning is everything - and ongoing. On one thing all Project Management texts and authorities agree: The single most important activity that project managers engage in is planning - detailed, systematic, team-involved plans are only the foundation for project success. And when real-world events conspire to change the plan, project managers must make a new one to reflect the changes. So planning and re-planning must be a way of life for project managers.
To be successful in HR and strategic planning, HR professionals must have a good understanding and practical ability to manage projects. Knowing how to effectively design, develop, and implement a project from beginning to end is critical for on-time and in-budget completion. A good program matched with outstanding implementation is your organization's best assurance of success. It is also an undeniable sign of good management. Strategy creation is about doing the right things and implementation is about doing things right. Therefore, it is very important that effective implementation of your project is as good as your strategy since a great strategy is worthless if that strategy is carried out poorly.
There are certain benefits to the professional who is able to master the process of project management:
• Achieve crucial results and ensure those results meet team, department, and the organization’s strategic objectives.
• Become a master at getting things done on time, within budget, and according to those quality standards your organization is known for.
• Minimize the time it takes to get the job done by finding ways to deliver on your objectives within reasonable time horizons while avoiding business cycle risks.
• Use resources effectively to save time and money while helping teams make the best use of their valuable time.
Why you should attend:
You as an HR leader play a major role in shaping your company's strategy as well as ensuring that the strategy is carried out as planned. While there is much written about the creation of strategy, there is little written about implementation. Therefore, in this webinar, we will talk about strategic and effective management and implementation of programs and ways in which you, as an HR professional, can facilitate both in your company. More specifically, this session will focus on how project management is becoming a critical success factor in the overall HR organizational strategy.
• Benefits of honing your Project Management Skills
• Understanding the Big Picture, the four processes involved in project work
• Understanding Work Breakdown Structures and scheduling the work
• How to Identify and Manage Risk
• Understanding unique challenges in HR project management
• How to extract lessons from every HR project and apply them in future projects
• The Science of Project Management and the HR Professional
• Project Management as a Process
• The Cast of Characters
• A Written Charter
• A Framework for Action
• Work Breakdown
• Scheduling the Work
• Adjustments and Trade-Offs
• Managing Risk
• Project Adaptation
• Getting Off on the Right Foot with Effective Meetings
• Keeping on Track
• The Closedown Phase
• Managing Varied HR Projects
• Supporting Critical High-Level Projects
• Next Steps, Honing your PM Skills
• Implementation Tools
Who will Benefit
• HR Practitioners
• HR Leaders and Team Leads
• Organizational Strategy Leaders
Industries who can attend
This 180-minute online course is intended for professionals in the all Industry.