Teamwork in Action: Turning Your Workgroup into an Outstanding Fire-Fighting Team
01:00 PM ET | 10:00 AM PT | 12:00 PM CT Duration 60 Minutes
This activity has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
"The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval."
Build and then maximize the strength and productivity of your team
High performing teams are the backbones of successful, sustainable organizations. How well teams work together, communicate and resolve conflict can drive the success – or failure – of your company.
Great teams are energizing and productive, delivering breakthrough results. In an effective team, everyone understands how to contribute in ways that support team outcomes that go above and beyond what any individual could accomplish alone. But teamwork isn’t easy. Even the best teams, with the most well-intentioned members, can encounter problems that hinder their collective accomplishments.
This webinar is designed specifically for your managers and leaders to maximum their team’s productivity by understanding how to navigate the stages of team development; address the various challenges that occur throughout the team’s life cycle; and learn leadership techniques for different types of teams including project, cross cultural, virtual, self-managed and permanent. They will also develop skills to enhance communication and trust; align team members around shared goals; and effectively plan, communicate, execute, and deliver on those goals.
Highly effective teams increase innovation, creativity, as well as, the quality and quantity of results. Teams are also the breeding ground for your future leaders. So why not start building their fire-fighting team skills now!
Why you should attend
Are your people performing like superbly trained fire fighters--- working together to get the teams’ projects done on time, on budget, and on target? Or are they constantly dealing with misunderstandings, work falling through the cracks, and conflicts instead of cooperation?
Many people think that bringing a group of people together and saying: “We’re now a team” miraculously transforms a work group into a high-performance team. Smart managers and leaders, realize that great teams just don’t happen. They have to be built - one building block at a time.
Whether you are new to leading a team or a seasoned veteran, you will benefit from learning practicing the crucial “Survival Strategies of Effective Fire Fighting” that will transform your work group into an efficient, cohesive working
team. You will understand these four key principles of effective fire-fighter and then relate them to your own situation:
• Dead Heroes Can’t Save Lives: Stay Alive
• Are We Winning or Losing? No Surprises
• Who Does the Dishes: Morale, Fun and Games
• Sometimes We Need One Good Fire: Common Enemy
This webinar will provide you with the guidelines and principles to build and then maximize the strength and productivity of your team. There is an amazing strength and capability when your team members are in synch and working together to perform at heroic levels. The results will be exceptional team engagement and performance.
Start building your team building and team development muscles now. The learning objectives are:
• Recognize what a high performing team looks like for your organization
• Define the six characteristics of effective team – the winning team model
• Identify the four stages of team development, their purpose, and challenges of each
• Learn the five critical team management skills to that bind a team together to achieve set goals.
• Review a variety of team building activities to enhance trust, teamwork and communication
• Prevent “silo” thinking so that the left hand knows and cares about what the right had is doing
• Develop a plan of action for increasing your leadership skills and your team’s performance throughout their life cycle
Who will Benefit
• VP of Human Resources
• Vice -Presidents of Marketing
• Vice-Presidents of Finance
• Chief Learning Officer, Directors
• Project Managers, Operation Managers and Supervisors
• Team Leaders
• Human Resources Professionals, Business Unit Managers
• Boards of Directors
• Senior Management Teams
• Executive Teams
Industries who can attend
This 60-minute online course is intended for professionals in the All industries and companies