A Review of Customs Valuation - Issues and Dangers
01:30 PM ET | 10:30 AM PT | 12:30 PM CT Duration 90 Minutes
Webinar Includes : All the training handouts , certificate ,Q/A and 90 mins Live Webinar
"ROBIN GROVER is a licensed US customs broker and a trade lawyer with nearly 37 years’ experience in exports, imports, trade sanctions, foreign investment, and related topics"
Customs valuation for importers
This webinar will walk you through three key areas of Customs valuation for importers. First, the permissible reductions that can save you money on duties and fees and the mandatory additions that do the opposite. Second, when the use of Transaction Value is no longer permissible and what you can do about it. Third, post importation payments or adjustments that affect your stated customs valuation, including those not ordinarily recognized as such by many importers.
Why Should You Attend
You will learn how to save money by taking allowable reductions in Valuation and how to avoid problems with Customs by recognizing any mandatory adjustments that must be made either pre- or post-importation.
• Concept of Transaction Value
• Permissive reductions in Valuation – how to identify and support them if challenged.
• Mandatory Additions to Customs valuation – what they are and how to identify them.
• Identifying and recognizing assists for Customs valuation purposes.
• Spotting common and not so common adjustments to customs valuation.
• The various types of “Related Parties” for Customs valuation purposes.
• Alternatives to Transaction Value.
• Which is the “best” alternative means of Valuation if you can’t use Transaction Value.
• Trends in Customs valuation issues
key learning objectives of the Topic
• Key permissible reductions in stated customs valuation – what they are and how to prove them
• Mandatory additions to Valuation – avoiding the pitfalls and customs audits
• Types of pre- and post-importation adjustments to Valuation often identified by Customs
• How to document Valuation
• What rates of currency exchange to use
• Related Party transactions and how a Transfer Pricing Policy can protect the importer
• Knowing who qualifies as “related parties”
• Recent trends in Customs valuation investigations and penalty cases
Who will Benefit
• Trade Compliance staff
• Product designers
Industries who can attend
This 60-minute online course is intended for professionals in the All industries and companies