Top Five Must Have Policies for the Workplace
01:00 PM ET | 10:00 AM PT | 12:00 PM CT Duration 60 Minutes
This activity has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
"The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval."
Top 5 written company policies that you should have
When things go wrong in the workplace, one of the first questions asked is, “What does the policy say?” If the policy isn’t written and communicated, you run the risk of jeopardizing the company’s reputation and profitability. The costs of badly written policies extend beyond financial results. Internally, non-existent or sloppy policies can mean the demise of employee engagement and productivity.
Consider policies as the rules within an organization. While this may seem boring or even constraining, rules can actually make the workplace run more smoothly. If you think about rules in a sports game, you realize that rules are downright important. And when they’re written, well-communicated, and easily accessible, then the workplace can better focus its attention on business priorities.
Unfortunately, too many organizations neglect to write down their policies. This is especially true of small and fast-growing companies. Policies seem too heavy or too formal. Conversely, policies that are outdated, appear to be too vague or too weak can create an environment of potential legal actions against the company.
This course is designed to provide you with the top 5 written company policies that you should have. The information can be used as a checklist for policies that you already have in place. As well, if you don’t yet have an employee handbook, this course will give you the 5 foundations policies to build upon.
• Discover the 5 most effective policies that your company should have – even if you don’t yet have an employee handbook.
• Understand each policy’s purpose in order to strengthen your workplace practices and culture.
• Understand the implications of these policies from the employer’s standpoint, including potential risks and complications.
• Reveal best practices of what to include in each policy including often-overlooked considerations.
Who will Benefit
• Human resources professionals at all levels
• Senior leaders including executive leaders
• Legal counsel – internal and external
• Business owners in companies without in-house HR professionals
Industries who can attend
This 60-minute online course is intended for professionals in the All industries and companies